Thursday, August 28, 2014

Qigong in Europe with Daisy

May 16, 2009 by
Filed under Travels

budapestI am now in Toronto, Canada, after visiting with family and teaching Radiant Lotus Qigong for Women at my dear friend, Dr. Xiaolan Zhao’s busy integrated medicine clinic. We have come together again like long-lost sisters, laughing and crying as we share stories of over a decade of learning and growing in different countries. Tomorrow we will get together to celebrate her birthday, and then I leave for Europe.

The excitement of teaching in Europe for the first time bubbles up inside, but I need to stay focused on mundane things like packing. With two big suitcases and a computer backpack, traveling as a weightless Wandering Taoist is next to impossible, for as my late mother taught me, “one must bear gifts when visiting friends”. I feel somehow that the real gift I am bringing is not the pounds of chocolate-covered macadamia nuts or Hawaiian coffee, but the potential of vibrant health through the ancient and powerful self-healing art of Qigong!

Qigong in Poland

My sweet friend, Ania Kwiatkowska, who I met at the First Health & Longevity Conference in Beijing two years ago, will be hosting me in Poland. My schedule appears to be a good mix of work and play with sightseeing the first few days in Warsaw and Cracow (the first capital of Poland, I learned!) and south to the Zakopane Mountains. On the weekend, I begin my official teaching:

Introduction – Open to All

May 28 – Galeria Azjatycka (ul Freta 5) 6:00 pm

May 30 – Centrum Lowicka (ul Lowicka 21) 6:00 pm

Radiant Lotus Qigong for Women

Location: Warszawa, ul Jana Cybisa 1, Primary School nr 313

May 30, Saturday – 10:00 am – 13:00 pm

June 1, Monday – 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm

Qigong for Optimum Health (Co-ed)

Location: Warszawa, ul Jana Cybisa 1, Primary School nr 313

May 31, Sunday – 10:00 am – 1:00 pm, 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm

Registration: 48-227546015, mobile: 48-604094234 or email justyna.anna@wp.pl

www.qigong.org.pl

Qigong in Germany

On June 6, another friend, Tjie Lie and her husband Gie are supporting my work in Heilbronn, Germany. I will be teaching Radiant Lotus Qigong for Women in the morning, and Qigong for Optimum Health, a co-ed program for both men and women in the afternoon. The latter is amazing for weight loss, immune boosting, stretching and opening up the energy channels of the body to release blocked qi.

Sunday, June 7 is a full-day program for men and women, with teachings from my 102-year old teacher who has passed down a family system called Wuji Hundun, 18 movements for longevity, beauty and vitality. At 102, he is a good testament to Qigong’s health-promoting side effects! Rumor has it he fathered a child last year…Qigong works!

To register, email Tjie Lie at tanfamily@arcor.de.

Qigong in Amsterdam

On June 10 I meet up with Afsaneh Tehranchi who had experienced such life-enhancing results from our style of Qigong that she wants to teach it in Amsterdam and throughout Europe. She is smart, dynamic and focused…a great partner and friend to help bring Qigong to Holand and beyond. For more info on the women’s qigong workshop on June 13 and the co-ed program on June 14, visit www.QiLife.com or email Afsaneh at info@qilife.com or call 020-7764200 to register.

It warms my heart to know that the reception to the teachings has been so positive across the US, Canada, Japan and Australia. Europe will be new ground for me, but I trust that people there are as ready for safe, simple, effective health exercises as they are here and in Asia. My wish is to empower people to access their limitless potential for vibrant health wherever I go, to give tools that work and which make life worth living. Perhaps in the not-too-distant future, finding a Qigong class will be as simple as one, two…qi!
…I had better finish packing and get some rest before I get too punchy. Europe here I come!

Comments

8 Responses to “Qigong in Europe with Daisy”
  1. Patty Wood says:

Dear Daisy,

This is wonderful! It looks to me like it has everything you wanted for your website. The interaction with those who write will be very interesting and fun to see.
    Have a safe journey my dear one!
    Love,
    Patty

2. Jane Siek says:

Dear Daisy,

I have got an email from my friends in Canada, Toronto, telling you are coming to Amsetrdam. We have met at the Qigong Conference in San Francisco, in 2000 or 2001. Remember you were with Garri giving demos. If you are in Amsterdam could you please give me a call +31 6419 24047. I would like to meet you and talk about qigong.
    Love and peace, Jane (Dayan Qigong and Dr. Yang Jwing Ming student for Medical Qigong)

• daisy_lee says:

Guten Tag from Heilbronn, Germany, Jane!
      I will look forward to meeting you in Amsterdam… Lil Wong spoke highly of you when we got together for dinner in Toronto and hoped we would have a chance to meet. I will be teaching in Amsterdam via my host Afsaneh Tehranchi on June 13 & 14: http://www.gaiam.nl/scripts/prodview.asp?idProduct=36. Thanks for passing the info on to friends who might benefit and will call you when I arrive in Amsterdam next week!

3. Jodee Anderson says:

Hello Daisy, I am planning my August and remember you may do your Women’s Qigong Training in COLORADO in August. Have you made a date for that? I am excited to join you….as always. Happiness to you, Jodee

• daisy_lee says:

Aloha Jodee! I just returned to Kaua’i and sorry I didn’t receive your comment until now. Yes, the Radiant Lotus Qigong Certification Program is on in Louisville, Colorado – two back-to-back weekends – August 15, 16 and 22,23 plus a mid-week review on the evening of the 19th. If you are able to make it, I will send registration info in a subsequent email directly to your address. Have a wonderful day and great to hear from you, Jodee! Warmest Aloha…. Daisy

• daisy_lee says:

Aloha Jodee! Did you get my response about the Radiant Lotus Qigong for Women’s Teacher Certification dates? Just in case this isn’t going through properly, I will email to your address and send you the info as an attachment. I hope to see you in August and send much peace and joy to you always. Love… Daisy

4. Daisy Lee says:

5. katrina tobey says:

Dear Daisy, I was so delighted by your QiGong class for women at the 2007 Qigong Conference in Minneapolis that I have longed to come to another class ever since! I am just now waiting for your DVD to be delivered here in Duluth, Minnesota….surely your warmth and wisdom will be very welcome here! I am hoping to come to your just announced class in LA in Sept.5&6 once I have more info. Until then, thank you for your graceful teaching. Katrina Tobey